Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #13) by Laurie R. King




Book: Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes #13)

Author: Laurie R. King

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: From Goodreads:
It is 1925, and Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes arrive home to find a familiar decorative stone installed in their garden. A stone with a name, which they last saw in the Tokyo garden of the future Emperor of Japan. It is the first indication that the investigation they did for him in 1924 might not be as complete as they had thought. In Japan there were spies, in Oxford there are dreams. In both places there is a small dark-haired woman and danger.
My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: I have to say that this was not my favorite in this series by far. I found it to be a  bit slower for me than others in the series. Furthermore, I found it to be much more focused on the setting vs. the mystery. On that note, this is why friends of mine who are as in love with this series as much as I am have stated that it is their favorite in the series. It is all about what you love.

Source: Publisher for review

Would I recommend? : Always! I love this series. This book can be read alone, but do yourself a favor and read this dynamic duo in series order. They have a great story that is slowly released in each novel. It is well worth your time or my name isn't Naomi!


Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Number 13 in series

No comments:

Post a Comment