Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Color of Justice by Ace Collins




Book: The Color of Justice

Author: Ace Collins

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 60's Southern lawyer, Coop Lindsey, can't stand bigotry and when a black teen is accused of raping and murdering a white girl, he stands up to defend him no matter what it costs. When he and the young man he defended disappear, questions are left unanswered.

Fifty years later, Coop's grandson, a lawyer himself, is bound and determined to find out the answers to those questions.

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: I must say that I have mixed feelings about this book. I thought the first half set in the 60's started off strongly and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As I moved into the more modern day setting, the writing became weaker and the story less enjoyable. I found characters to be weaker than expected given the story line. I must say that it had the feeling that the author got tired of writing the story so just threw the rest of the book together.

Source: Publisher for review

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment