Friday, October 31, 2014

The Girl From The Well by Rin Chupeco





Book: The Girl From The Well
 
Author: Rin Chupeco
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 

From Goodreads:

You may think me biased, being murdered myself. But my state of being has nothing to do with the curiosity toward my own species, if we can be called such. We do not go gentle, as your poet encourages, into that good night.

A dead girl walks the streets.

She hunts murderers. Child killers, much like the man who threw her body down a well three hundred years ago.

And when a strange boy bearing stranger tattoos moves into the neighborhood so, she discovers, does something else. And soon both will be drawn into the world of eerie doll rituals and dark Shinto exorcisms that will take them from American suburbia to the remote valleys and shrines of Aomori, Japan.

Because the boy has a terrifying secret - one that would just kill to get out.

The Girl from the Well is A YA Horror novel pitched as "Dexter" meets "The Grudge", based on a well-loved Japanese ghost story.
 

 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: From an adult perspective who lives for these types of books, I didn't find the book as scary as I thought I would, but I did find it highly interesting and creepy. On that note, as a younger reader, this book would creep the heck out of me.
 

Numerous scenes in the book were reminiscent of the movie THE RING and another I have seen. I can see why numerous reviews are referring to that.
 

I'd def. recommend this book to a younger reader. Be careful about a sensitive reader though. There are a couple of scenes that can def. scare a younger reader. 

Relatively clean from swearing/sex/etc. Nothing really smacked me across the face in my reading.
 
Source:  Publisher     
 
Would I recommend? : Already have, especially this Halloween season
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment