Monday, July 7, 2014

Citizen Canine by David Grimm





Book: Citizen Canine: Our Revolving Relationship with Dogs and Cats
 
Author: David Grimm
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Mr. Grimm offers readers a progressive into humans relationships with their canine and feline companions.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: As a lover and spoiler of pets, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

On that note, it is a very good, but also a particularly dry read. I broke the book down into "daily read" sections because of the amount of detail provided.
 

Parts of the book had a schizophrenic feeling because the author jumped from dogs to cats to other animals at times when it didn't feel appropriate and/or necessary.
 

I loved the history part of the book more than the genetics/animal husbandry part. I thought the latter felt to bogged down with technical detail. 

I like to give fair warnings of tough periods of reading. This book can be graphic and emotion provoking as it describes "cases" of inhumanity of how we got to where we are in animal laws.  
 
Source: Publisher for review
        
Would I recommend?: I have, but more for lovers of non-fiction or animal lovers. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment