Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Pocket Beer Guide: The Essential Handbook to the Very Best Beers in the World by Tim Webb and Stephen Beaumont






Book: The Pocket Beer Guide: The Essential Handbook to the Very Best Beers in the World
 
Author:  Tim Webb/Stephen Beaumont
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The authors present detailed bio and "taste" information on some of the world's greatest microbreweries. Can't forget the calendar of beer festivals from around the world!
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion:  An absolute must buy for beer connoisseurs. Although the greater majority of people wouldn't be able to visit all the breweries listed, the information was amazing and incredibly detail oriented.

I loved the breakdowns of beers for various meals and dishes. I must admit the dessert and breakfast recommendations were kind of shocking. 


I found it absolutely amazing, particularly as a rare beer drinker, the ratings/traits/breakdowns in regional/"local" beers,such as one would see in wine books. 


This book was so detailed, yet so concise. I kept thinking of those travel books that critiques hotels and such.
 
Source:  Sterling Publishing for Review
      
Would I recommend? : Oh yeah, this was just a fun book on many levels.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment