Saturday, March 22, 2014

Running and Walking for Women Over 40 by Kathrine Switzer





Book: Running and Walking for Women Over 40
 
Author: Kathrine Switzer
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In a very concise format, Ms. Switzer presents critical information for female runners over the age of 40 including training diet, injuries and other special considerations.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I found this to be an excellent training book that grabbed me immediately. While I felt that 95 percent of it could be applicable to runners of any age or sex, I was fascinated by the author's information on how menopause affects running capabilities and injuries. .
 


There is an well detailed chapter that gives descriptions/treatments for common injuries.
 

I enjoyed this book so much and the information so useful that it  is in Amazon cart for addition to my training library.


Source:  Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Already have!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment