Friday, February 14, 2014

Practice to Deceive by Ann Rule





Book: Practice to Deceive
 
Author: Ann Rule
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: On Whidbey Island, Russel Douglas is found murdered in his car by a single gunshot to his head. Found in a remote part of the island, why was he there?  Who would want him dead and why? What secrets does this pretty simple man hold? How long will it take for him to finally get his justice?
 
My rating:3 stars
 
My opinion: I have to admit that I wasn't as impressed with this book as I thought I would be. There was a very commercial feel to the writing in this story that I didn't think differentiated it from other true crime authors. I believe that this is my first Ann Rule book in a very long time and I just found it very superficial and pretty simplistic. 

Probably won't pick up another one by this author for a while. This story had deeply interested me, but lost me in its writing. I have read other reviews that stated that the writing was repetitive. I would concur with that assessment.
 
Source: Publisher for review
       
Would I recommend? : Yes, I have a number of friends who enjoy true crime books and this is a pretty standard problem with that genre. One comes to expect it. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment