Thursday, January 16, 2014

Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Kentucky's Worst Tragedy





Book: Beverly Hills Supper Club: The Untold Story of Kentucky's Worst Tragedy
 
Author: Robert Webster
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The Mafia in Kentucky? Yep, and they were responsible for one of the greatest tragedies in US history in which 169 people perished in a fire. Here is the story.
 
My rating: 2.5/5 Stars
 
My opinion: I know how I normally go on and on about how I like conciseness in my business writing and I stick by that. I don't like it in my true crime books and that is exactly what this book gave. Personally, I would like to have seen a bit more warmth to the story. I think this would have allowed me to "attach" to the story more than I did.

 I must admit that the story itself was incredibly interesting.  Definitely a "who'd have thunk it?" story.
 
Source: Publisher for review 
      
Would I recommend? : My jury is still out on that. I didn't love the book, but didn't hate it either.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment