Monday, November 11, 2013

Raven's Fire: A Novel by John Gubbins





Book: Raven's Fire: A Novel
 
Author: John Gubbins
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: From Netgalley:

A ghost story unlike one you’ve ever read! When a lethal 30-year-old secret tears apart Joe and Carol’s marriage, Joe heads for his beloved woods to recuperate, only to discover that they’re filled with evil spirits. Icy fingers will clasp your heart and not let go to the very end!  

My rating: 2 Stars
 
My opinion: I felt that the premise of story better than actual story. The description of the book was a lot creepier than what was produced and promised. This was exacerbated by a number of scenes that came off more as "drama central" versus building tension.  Another issue that I think added to my issues was that the story jumped around WAY too much from POV to periods of time.
 
Source: Cedar Fort, Inc.  
       
Would I recommend? : I wouldn't, but this book might not have rocked my boat. It did have some higher ratings on Goodreads that looked authentic.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment