Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jordan's Stormy Banks: A Body Farm Novella by Jefferson Bass





Book: Jordan's Stormy Banks
 
Author: Jefferson Bass
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: It is Dr. Bill Brockton's early years at the Bone Farm and he is called in on a particularly sadistic killer. As Dr. Brockton tries to solve this case, he must remember that this is the South, who happens to have their own brand of justice and this might be his first and last case in Tennessee. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I am normally not a huge fan by these novellas written by "full length" novelists to prepare readers for their new releases. I normally give these bits no more than 3 stars and can count just as many that have received 2 stars or less. This is normally due to these full length novelists inabilities to write concisely as is demanded in novellas. In fact, I gave Jefferson Bass' last novella 3 stars just for this reason. Jon Jefferson must have sharpened his pencil because he NAILED IT!! in this release. It is fast paced and the characters are developed superbly with a nice introduction to the new novel without it beating the reader over the head. 
 
Source: William Morrow for Review
      
Would I recommend? : I have recommended Jefferson Bass novels more times than I can count. He is normally one of the first authors I recommend when asked.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment