Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Robin Takes 5 Cookbook for Busy Families: Over 200 Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less for Breakfasts, School Lunches, After-School Snacks, Family Dinners, and Desserts by Robin Cook



Book: The Robin Takes 5 Cookbook for Busy Families: Over 200 Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less for Breakfasts, School Lunches, After-School Snacks, Family Dinners, and Desserts

Author: Robin Cook
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): August 20, 2013

Synopsis: A collection of over 200 recipes containing 5 ingredients or less with some easy prep for even the most novice or your youngest chef.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This book offered a nice selection of unusual, healthy recipes for both kids and grown-ups. Not being your usual light meal options, the meals were incredibly easy to prepare. Due to SOME of the ingredients and recipes, a potential purchaser might want to take a look at brick/mortar store or library prior to buying. Otherwise, most recipes had simple/common ingredients, which should be easy to access. Sections consisted of each of the three meals, plus snacks and desserts.

There are really a whole lot of cookbooks out there similar to this format.
 
Source: Netgalley for Andrews McMeel Publishing 
       
Would I recommend? : Yes, I would. Although I must admit that this isn't my favorite from this publisher and the first one of their cookbooks that I have reviewed that I won't be purchasing.  I thought that the recipes were a bit simplistic FOR MY COOKING LEVEL and not as unique as some of their other cookbooks. This is a publisher that if I see them offering a cookbook for review on Netgalley I request it sight unseen due to the uniqueness of their selections.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment