Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Last Word: A Spellman Novel by Lisa Lutz






Book: The Last Word (The Spellman's #6)
 
Author: Lisa Lutz
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Izzy and the Spellman clan are back. This time, Izzy has done a hostile takeover of  Spellman Investigations, but may get a whole lot more than she bargained for when it is suspected that she did it through embezzling the funds from the wealthy Mr. Slayter.  Izzy could lose her PI license or even worse. 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I must admit, being a huge Lisa Lutz and Spellman fan that this book is the least favorite in series. I did not feel as though it was as well written, nor as snarky humorous, as others in the series.It simply had the feeling of being thrown together/wrapped up. With how giddy I was when I saw that it was being released, I was very disappointed in the end product.
 
Source: Edelweiss for Simon and Schuster/Library. In the past, I would not read ebook versions of Lisa Lutz Spellman books. I found I could not get into the enjoyment of them as much. When the opportunity came for me to be able to review this book, I jumped at the chance. I found that I still had that same problem that I found myself reading it superficially, so I waited for the print version to be released. Lesson learned: No more ebooks of Lisa Lutz. Pay the full print price or get it from your library. She is one of those authors who are worth it. 
        
Would I recommend? : Yes, for fans of the series, I still would.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: #6 in series. READ THIS SERIES IN ORDER!

No comments:

Post a Comment