Thursday, August 1, 2013

Death of the Demon (A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel #3) by Anne Holt



Book: Death of the Demon
 
Author: Anne Holt
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Things aren't right when 12 year old Olav is sent to an orphanage due to his mother's inability to care for this (to put it mildly) disruptive child. Things go from bad to worse when the center's director is stabbed to death after Olav has a fight with her. Could a 12 year old really stab someone to death? It doesn't look good when he disappears after the act. Hanne must come in and untangle this web where things aren't quite as they seem. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Absolutely my favorite out of the series to date. I have said in previous reviews of this author's works that it had a feeling that her writing was on the cusp of ROCKIN, but quite couldn't get over that threshold. With Death of the Demon, she has accomplished this. 

I must admit that I was on the edge of my seat with this book trying to figure out what was going on and found myself pausing in reflection at the end of this novel. I love when a book can accomplish this because it is pretty rare when it can.  

Unlike most Nordic Noir novels, this series isn't as character driven. This book could be read as a stand alone. 
      

Source: Edelweiss for Scribner
 
Would I recommend? : This book? Yes. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Number 3 in series.

No comments:

Post a Comment