Saturday, July 6, 2013

Stolen by Daniel Palmer





Book: Stolen
 
Author: Daniel Palmer
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: What happens when someone you scam plays a dirtier and more deadly scam on you? Identity thieves John Bodine and Ruby Dawes are about ready to find out after they steal one of John's client's identity for his health insurance after Ruby is diagnosed with cancer. Little do they know that this client is pretty much a sociopath with some real itchings he wants scratched to keep John and Ruby out of jail.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Excellent story with good writing, but it needed to be more polished. I noticed frequent incidents of repetitiveness and moments when the book simply dragged on. I was noticing a large numbers of the "and thens". It is for this reason that I am say the writing needed to be tighter.

I must admit that I did love the character development in this story, particular to the "twistedness" of the villain. That type of book is right up my alley.  I have heard people call this a love story and still can't quite grasp that one. Did the husband make a sacrifice by committing identity theft to get care for his wife? Yes, but I would say that is the extent of the "love story".

This is definitely an author that I would look at other works, but obtain them through a print version.

Special note: This book was horrible in formatting for an ebook. It made it very difficult and longer to get through. I took this into account with reviewing the book and did not hold it against it.

 
Source: Kensington Books
       
Would I recommend? : Oh yeah!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment