Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Sassy Belles by Beth Albright





Book: The Sassy Belles
 
Author: Beth Albright
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Blake O'Hara Heart is called to the scene of a crime. Or is it? When her brother in law, Lewis Heart, the town's beloved football announcer, dies after an afternoon of passion with his girlfriend, Vivi Ann McFadden, all hell breaks loose. Not because Lewis died, but because his body has upped and disappeared. Did he truly die or was he up to something a whole lot more sinister? What does his death have to do with his disappearance? Maybe there are a whole lot more secrets to be uncovered in this sleepy, southern town.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: WHAT (dramatic pause) an adorable read this was without being overly sticky sweet! I just had fun reading this book.  I love when chicklit/romance authors can do a really nice balance between a good mystery (that left me guessing) and lighthearted writing. Ms. Albright has shown herself to be a master. It was a easy going read which was to be expected. I must admit that I didn't expect to be kept guessing. It was a really nice break for some heavier duty reading I was doing. 

Her characters are the typical overly dramatic, southern Prima Donnas expected in southern literature. Some of the scenes really made me snicker at how catty and sarcastic the women acted toward one another.
 
Source: Review for Publicist
       
Would I recommend? : Yes...in fact it was selected for Sisterhood of the Traveling Book.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: To be part of a series

No comments:

Post a Comment