Friday, June 21, 2013

Gift of the Raven by Catriona Troth





Book: Gift of the Raven
 
Author: Catriona Troth
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 13 year old Terry has known nothing but abuse and abandonment his entire life. No one can blame his cynicism. When his father comes back into his life, can he use his Indian heritage and forgiveness to start a new life? 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: This was a beautifully written novella (approximately 60 pages long) that did maintain my interest. I must say that I thought there were significant gaps due to the storyline. I think this is one of those novellas that I would have liked to see as a full story as to what happened to this young boy in early life and more information as to the Indian background. I simply felt that it was too rushed. This was one of the reasons that I jumped at the chance to read this novella.
 
Source:  Sisterhood of the Traveling Book-Traveling Book      

Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment