Friday, April 26, 2013

Unhallowed Ground: A Novel by Gillian White






Book: Unhallowed Ground
 
Author: Gillian White
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Georgie is trying to battle demons in an incident involving the beating death of a 5 year old that has driven her to the English countryside and to a cottage owned by her deceased brother whom she never knew. Problems continue to plague her when strange occurrences and unfriendly neighbors welcome her to the village. Those incidents are minor compared to what Georgie is facing.
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: This is a book that I should have enjoyed. The premise of the storyline was great. Problem, you ask? It took too long for the book to take off. I almost felt that the author went overboard with developing the storyline that by the time it came to get to the "blood/guts" of the book, I was lost. I just wanted to get it done and over with. This is evident by the length of time (2 weeks) it took me to read a 300 page book.

I must admit that I still get chills when I read the book description. 
 
Source: Netgalley for Open Road Integrated Media   
    
Would I recommend? : Normally I recommend books from this publisher. I have to say that this one is iffy to me. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment