Monday, March 11, 2013

Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason





Book: Three Graves Full 
 
Author: Jamie Mason
 
Narrator (if applicable):N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Format: e-book/print

Synopsis: Jason Getty has a problem. A landscaper has unearthed a body buried in his yard and it isn't the one that he buried in it. When the police are called in, they find another one. Who is burying bodies in Jason's yard? Will the police find the body of the bully he buried in the backyard? Why does the Leah, the fiancee of the man's body police found keep bothering Jason? What will the killer do with Jason and Leah?
 
My rating:2 Stars
 
My opinion: I have a confession to make;  I don't know who the Coen Brothers are. When a Goodread's friend explained the movies that they had made, I realized I was not a fan of those movies. I think if I had known who they were, I probably wouldn't have requested this book. 

I found this book to be incredibly superficial in its writing. Furthermore, I found it to be more silly, not funny, than mystery (again, reference Coen Brothers). I bored very quickly with the storyline that I feel failed to match up in mystery to its book jacket. I ended up starting it on the ebook that was sent to me by the publisher, but finishing it in the print version from my library. I thought that would help me to like the book better, but it didn't.

Source:  Netgalley for Gallery Books 

     
Would I recommend? : I have decided to leave this open. I personally would not recommend this book; however, I have numerous Goodreads friends who LOVED this book, including one who purchased copies to host a Goodreads Giveaway. 

I do think that the reference to the Coen Brothers movies is incredibly important as to one's opinion of this novel. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment