Friday, March 29, 2013

Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars #2) by Colleen Coble







Book: Safe In His Arms (Under Texas Stars #2)
 
Author: Colleen Coble
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Twenty eight year old, spinster, rancher Margaret O'Brien has committed herself to life on her Texas ranch. The problem...her father doesn't want that life for her and when he purposely leaves the ranch to her cousin in his will.  An act that makes Margaret fume!

To boot, Margaret's father hires a new ranch foreman (and former criminal) by the name of Daniel Cutler to run the ranch. Another act which leaves Margaret fuming.  

Problem is that Daniel sees the real Margaret. Can he convince her that he isn't the criminal she thinks he is? Can she open up her arms to him and her heart to God?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I love Colleen Coble's historical fiction series and this book was no different. I tend to compare Ms. Coble's historical fiction novels with the works of Jeanette Oke who used to be one of my favorite Christian fiction writers. The books are incredibly light in their writing and story lines, but have that flare of clean romance with characters that you truly grow to love. 

Now, I must admit that this series has more reference to religion and faith than does her Mercy Falls series, but it didn't bother me as much as it has with other Christian authors.
 
Source:  Netgalley for Thomas Nelson
      
Would I recommend? : I recommend Ms. Coble's historical fiction series on a regular basis
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series


No comments:

Post a Comment