Sunday, March 24, 2013

Evidence of Life by Barbara Taylor Sissel




 Book: Evidence of Life
 
Author: Barbara Taylor Sissel
 
Release date (if applicable): March 26, 2013

Synopsis: Abby Bennett knows she has the perfect life. A loving husband, Nick, a high-powered attorney, and two beautiful children. When Nick takes their daughter, Heather, on a weekend camping trip, tragedy strikes and the two get caught in a raging river and disappear it is assumed that both perished in the wash out. Did that truly occur? Was Abby's life as perfect as what she thought it was or were there secrets upon secrets to Abby's marriage that she kept her head in the sand to protect her perfect life?
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars (Will be 3 stars on Amazon and Goodreads)
 
My opinion: While excellently written, I felt this book was definitely a bit lighter in its storyline than what I normally prefer. On that note, that doesn't make it a bad read...just a lighter read.  The storyline was intriguing, although pretty predictable and laid out as I had expected. Same with the characters.

I must admit that I definitely felt that they book started off stronger than it ended and it lost some of the "power" that sucked me into the book initially. 

Source:  Netgalley for Harlequin
     
Would I recommend? : Yes, as I stated, it was a good lighter read.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment