Monday, March 11, 2013

Dark Tide: A Novel by Elizabeth Haynes





Book: Dark Tide: A Novel
 
Author: Elizabeth Haynes
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): March 12, 2013

Format: e-book

Synopsis: Former stripper, Genevieve, buys the house boat of her dreams. Her dreams turn to nightmares when a body comes crashing up against the boat one night. What is worse is that Genevieve recognizes the body in the water. What does the death have to do with her nights of dancing at the Gentleman's Club? Will she get out of it alive or will hers be the next body in the water?
 
My rating: 1 Star
 
My opinion: I had an incredibly difficult time getting through this book. I read and reviewed the author's previous release, Into A Dark Corner. Although, I thought the book was ok (I gave it 3 stars); I wanted to review other works by this author before giving my final impressions.

I must say that I found the writing in this book to be quite amateurish. It was definitely not what I would expect out of a second release. There was a level of abruptness and "jumping" around in its storyline that left me scratching my head.  I really didn't find any of the characters "approachable" or "likeable" and found myself investing little in them. Finally, I found it to be incredibly predictable with little in the way of twists and "AHHHH" moments. 
 
Source:  Edelweiss for Harper Paperbacks

Would I recommend? : No. This is rare for me.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment