Friday, February 15, 2013

Yes Ma'am, No Sir: The 12 Essential Steps for Success in Life by Coach Ken Carter






Book: Yes Ma'am, No Sir: The 12 Essential Steps for Success in Life
 
Author: Coach Ken Carter
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Coach Carter lays out steps for living a successful life whether personally, educationally or, in my opinion, in business. These weren't difficult tasks to accomplish, but practice makes perfect.  Bonus, the book was incredibly easy reading, engrossing, flowed well and I whipped through it!
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: Loved, Loved, Loved this book. I feel it should be required reading for our youth.  I love leadership books that utilize personal stories mixed in with "steps". I think the youth that read it can relate and "visualize" it through the story of Ken Carter's life and those of his players.

If I had one criticism about this book, it would be in further examples he gave of positive leadership, he, for the most part, used only basketball players. He missed out on one that I consider rockin'....Charles "Peanut" Tillman!
 
Source:   Library     

Would I recommend? : I think I stated it above, but, yes, including part of high schoolers' required reading. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment