Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Second Chance Grill (Liberty #2) by Christine Nolfi






Book: Second Chance Grill (Liberty #2)
 
Author: Christine Nolfi
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Grieving over the loss of her best friend, Dr. Mary Chance decides to take a leave from her medical practice to run the little town's restaurant, which to her surprise, she has inherited. Blossom, a 13 year old with Leukemia, has matchmaking plans for Dr. Chance though that include her father whose wife walked out on him when Blossom was a toddler. 
 
My rating: 4.5 Stars
 
My opinion: OH MY GOODNESS...I LOVED THIS BOOK! Not being a huge fan of Ms. Nolfi's first book, Treasure Me, I went into this book with oodles of trepidation. I was SO pleasantly surprised! 

I actually abhor when people do this, but Second Chance Grill reminded me of novels written by my favorite romance author, LaVyrle Spencer. There was such an innocence to this novel in the romance between Mary and Anthony, that I found myself smiling the entire time I was reading it. It was "clean" and the romance between the two "built up". I didn't feel that it was simply built on sexual tension and sex. I think that Ms. Nolfi allowed the tension to build at the right pace and with just enough tension that made it realistic and just simply sweet! Second, I think the town and its' inhabitants were "laid out" much more in detail than in the first novel giving readers much more insight into the town. 

I know a book is good when I can't put it down and I ended up reading Second Chance Grill in about 2.5 hours! I didn't even watch The Following last night to read this! I did make sure to DVR it...so no harm...no foul!
 
Source: Author for Review
      
Would I recommend? : Heck yes. I would read it first in the series and then move onto Treasure Me.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment