Monday, December 3, 2012

Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay


Book: Trust Your Eyes

Author: Linwood Barclay

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Schizophrenic and agoraphobic Thomas Kilbride is obsessed with an online mapping program and emailing President Clinton. When Thomas sends one to many emails to the CIA and President Clinton, the FBI get involved. Thomas' brother, Ray, must step in and provide the daily care for Thomas and becomes close to one of the FBI. Then, Thomas witnesses a murder while surfing around on Whirl360 (similar to Google Earth). As the hit person is trying to clean up her mistake, she becomes aware that Thomas is out there and needs to silence him as well. Can Ray get Thomas to leave his room or are they sitting ducks to a hit woman who doesn't like witnesses?

My rating: 4.5 Stars

My opinion: I think one of the reviewers nailed it when he compared it to a modern version of Hitchcock's famous film REAR WINDOW. As usual, I loved Barclay's build-up and the unique storyline that this book had compared to other books of his..

I must admit that I am a huge Linwood Barclay fan...have been since I read the first book I had picked up by him. Although it did take me a little bit more time to get into this one, once I did, I couldn't put it down. This book has the typical characteristics of dynamic, engrossing storyline and multidimensional characters.

Source: Library        

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment