Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O'Brien


Book: The Lincoln Conspiracy: A Novel

Author: Timothy L. O'Brien

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: How big was the conspiracy to kill Abraham Lincoln? Detective Temple McFadden and his wife, Fiona are about to find out when he stumbles across two diaries which lay out the assassination. Will they survive uncovering the truth?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: What a dynamic read. First off, I am a Lincoln fanatic so I loved how this book continued the storyline and gave a realistic new twist to what the facts are. Second, I LOVE books which allow me to learn new things. I found myself googling incidents and people to learn more which then even made the storyline *POP* even more. Normally, I can't stand books that I call "Rock and Roll Heaven" books. These are books like the famous Righteous Brothers songs that throw in all the famous people from a period of time. This one worked for me though. It didn't seem like the author misused the people who he brought into the storyline just to "add names".

Source: Netgalley for Publisher and Library       

Would I recommend? : Heck Yes!!!!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment