Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman


Book: The Light Between Oceans

Author: M.L. Stedman

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Tom Sherbourne and his wife, Isabel, suffering from the loss of several pregnancies while serving as lighthouse keepers on an isolated island make a fateful decision which effects numerous individuals for the rest of their lives when the choose to keep a baby who has been found adrift with her dead father. Where is the baby's mother? How can she be not looking for her little munchkin or is she? Why did the father leave with the baby and why did he die?  Are the Sherbourne's story of finding him dead the whole truth of how they found little Lucy?

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: Although, in general, I thought this story was good, I was not as entranced with it as other reviewers have written about it. I definitely thought there were moments that the author focused too much on the "drama" of the event to "prop" up weaker points in the storyline.

All in all, the writing in the book was good. I thought the author painted good pictures of the characters and showed readers their insecurities and their weaknesses in vivid detail, but there were moments in this story that it was just so unbelievable that, again, I thought it was done more for dramatic effect versus true to the story.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment