Friday, October 19, 2012

Kill You Twice (Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell #5) by Chelsea Cain


Book: Kill You Twice (Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell #5)

Author: Chelsea Cain

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Archie, Gretchen and Susan are back! This time, Gretchen is locked in a psych ward on so many psychotropic meds to make her a zombie. Susan and Archie are investigating a murder of a man who had a pretty painful death. What does the death of this man have to do with a murder Gretchen is claiming to have done when she was sixteen?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Although I enjoyed the latest release in the Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell saga, it wasn't as twisted as I have seen Chelsea Cain or this series go. I have literally had moments where, due to the "graphicness", my face was crunched in pain thinking of the pain the victims were going through. Gotta say I love a twisted sister!

On that note thought, Ms. Cain's characters continue to be strongly written with a rockin' storyline and she adds some sarcasm to the writing which really breaks up the twisted scenes with some chuckle out loud humor.

One of my favorite quotes by Chelsea Cain refers to her development of the Archie Sheridan/Gretchen Lowell series to fill time while she was pregnant and had to quit drinking (yep, there is that CC humor showing its' head again!) I know for me, that is one lil' munchkin who has alot of fans!

Source:  Library

Would I recommend? : Have done it more times than I can remember! Do yourself a favor though and read the entire series. CC is INCREDIBLY character driven and to fully enjoy this series like a fine wine, it is imperative that the reader comprehend the dynamics of the relationships involved.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series



No comments:

Post a Comment