Tuesday, September 18, 2012

They Disappeared by Rick Mofina




Book: They Disappeared

Author: Rick Mofina

Release date (if applicable): September 18, 2012

Synopsis: To recover from a family tragedy and save his marriage, Jeff Griffin takes his family on a vacation to NYC. Problem is, the young Cody accidentally trades bags with a criminal which leads to his and his mother's kidnapping. Can Jeff save his family when the police are slow to believe they were really kidnapped and that Jeff had nothing to do with it? Will Jeff survive saving his family?

My rating: 3 stars

My opinion: I could never really warm up to this book. Although, I did like the writing; I kept having the feeling of "been there, done that". Furthermore, I found the story pretty predictable as to the outcome.

On a side note, I was happy to see this type of mystery from Harlequin! Very little romance and somewhat fast paced. I hope they continue it!

Source: Netgalley for Harlequin

Would I recommend? : If you don't read many mysteries, yes. If you do (like me) nah, I don't think so.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment