Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Midnight in Peking: How the Murder of a Young Englishwoman Haunted the Last Days of Old China by Paul French




Book: Midnight in Peking: How the Murder of a Young English Woman Haunted the Last Days of Old China

Author: Paul French

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: In 1937, the body of a young woman in found in rapidly changing Peking. It is the body of a British Consul's daughter, Pamela Warner murdered in a vicious manner and posed for degradation. What led to her death and what life was this daughter of privilege leading that led to her brutal murder? How will her murder impact the rapid changes coming to this region? With a region in such influx, will her killer ever be caught?

My rating: 3 stars

My opinion: Although this book fascinated me, I found moments of it simply boring, dry and difficult to keep my attention. I almost felt that moments were weighed down with insignificant information.

I did find it to be a compelling story that the scenery and family history captivating.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Funny, I would still recommend it.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment