Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wooing the Schoolmarm by Dorothy Clark



Book: Wooing the Schoolmarm

Author: Dorothy Clark

Release date (if applicable): July 3, 2012

Synopsis: Set in the early 1800's, Willa Clark, who has been abandoned by both her father and her fiance and has had enough of men to last her a lifetime. In place, she teaches the children of her town, including those of the new Pastor in town, Matthew Calvert. One problem, the children are actually the Pastor's niece and nephew he took in after their parents perish in a freak storm and THE PASTOR IS UNMARRIED...and very interested in the Spinster Clark! Will Willa be able to open her heart to accept the love of Pastor Calvert or will she remain a spinster due to her stubborn, closed hearted-ness?

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: Alright...I have to admit..the book was cheesy and predictable, but had such an innocence that IT WORKED FOR ME!! There was just something so heartwarming about this book that I couldn't put it down...even though I knew what the ending was going to be and there were no twists in surprises. I absolutely fell in love with the Pastor Calvert and the Spinster Clark!!

Readers who love author Jeanette Oke...will love this book! I honestly thought I was reading a JO book and she is on the list of my favorite religious fiction authors.

Source: Netgalley for Harlequin
Would I recommend? : You bet...for readers of all kinds of genres!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment