Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vanished in the Dunes by Allan Retzky



Book: Vanished in the Dunes

Author: Allan Retzky

Release date (if applicable): July 3, 2012

Synopsis: Amos Posner just doesn't have alot of luck in his life. He is fired from his job, his commuter marriage is a wreck and he is pretty much alone in life. Could his luck be changing when a seductive, physician resident asks him to show her around the island and possibly more? Not when he returns to his home after leaving her there while he ran an errand and she is dead. From there it just goes downhill for poor Amos!

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: I loved the premise of this book. Actually this book reminded me of the adages "Don't ask what more can go wrong" and "Sometimes you are your own worst enemy". This easily could have been a 4 star read for me.

So why isn't it then. The author chose a 3rd person narrative for the book which really threw the storyline off. Unfortunately, because it was written that way, I had multiple times where I would read and I would literally zone out. It took me forever to get this book read as a result of this.

Also, the book came off as though it had alot of repetativeness of the word "HE" which became pretty annoying after a bit.

Source: Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : It is really iffy! I think it would take alot.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series:

No comments:

Post a Comment