Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Five Elements of Effective Thinking by Edward B. Burger


Book: The Five Elements of Effective Thinking

Author: Edward B. Burger

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The author gives interesting advice for improving thinking skills. Among these include strive to understand things deeply; succeeding through failure; ask yourself questions; identify new ideas through the understanding of old ideas and, finally, using these 4 concepts to change your own thinking and transform yourself.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Although I found this book interesting, I did feel like it has been written multiple times before. I was taught these concepts in graduate school for my classes on leadership, so it truly was nothing new to me. However, it might be for the general public.

In reality, these books are a dime a dozen. I do think that they author, with his math background, brought in an interesting approach, but it is still the same concepts.

Source: Netgalley

Would I recommend? :  Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment